FQE Chemicals is a Company passionate about creating innovative chemistries that help our clients improve the efficiency, safety and financial performance of their assets.
We’re looking for a high energy, and highly motivated Technical Services Manager who can support our vision and purpose of creating industry leading, innovative chemicals that solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
As Chemist, you will work with our team as we continue to develop chemical products for our clients, all while demonstrating the highest levels of integrity and honesty.
Why FQE Chemicals?
We’re a Company focused on innovation: We specialize in chemistry that solves specific engineering, environmental, safety, workflow, and economic issues. We approach the creation of our chemistries differently than our competitors. We create paradigm-shifting chemistries because we have a unique perspective on their creation. Our team has extensive and proven experience in developing award-winning products.
- Support sales teams in determining job feasibility
- Develops new products that can be successfully commercialized at the request of the Company sales staff and direction of supervision
- Develops specifications for raw materials and interfaces with material suppliers to establish accepted specifications.
- Monitors the quality of supplied goods and the performance of raw material vendors via trend charting and statistical techniques
- Coordinates, distributes and maintains control and integrity of quality related documentation (manufacturing procedures, formulations, product specifications, client requirements)
- Participates in coordinating manufacturing/administration internal audits
- Assists in monitoring compliance of manufactured products to defined specifications
- Reviews finished products for quality and consistency
- Oversees development of safety data sheets for all new chemical products
- Collaborates with business leaders to influence decision making and strategies
- Works closely with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, and Sales to drive company initiatives for new products.
- Creates and/or approves all technical applications and technical writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry (Organic preferred) with 5+ years of applicable industrial experience
- Proficiency with computers and knowledge of organic chemistry and chemical manufacturing
- A functional understanding of the field of surfactant chemistry is instrumental to the success of this position
- Knowledge of detergency and surfactant application is highly desirable
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, persistent and determined.
- Demonstrate high energy / activity levels.
- Drive for business results and continuous learning.
- Foster team spirit by working collaboratively with others.
- Good verbal communication skills to understand and give clear, concise directions.
- Well-developed written communication skills.